Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Spa Review: Aeneas Spa, Ayia Napa


Spa Review: Aeneas Spa, Ayia Napa, Cyprus

Sea of Tranquility at the beautiful Aeneas Spa in Ayia Napa
Whilst I’ll happily admit I’m not the most stressed out person I know, the past few months have been so hectic that I’ve hardly had a minute to pamper myself (cue violins!) so when the glossy brochure for the Aeneas Spa found it's way into my 'repetitive-strain-injury-from-typing' hands I felt blissed out just looking at the pictures. Being familiar with Ayia Napa's party reputation I was dubious - could there really be a haven of peace and rejuvenation situated right in the midst of it all?

My treatment began with their signature ‘Sea of Tranquillity’ which delivered on all of it’s promises; the steam, sauna, flotation sequence all prepared me for my therapist, Beth, so I was relaxed, clean, and ready to regenerate my being.

Not wishing to be controversial, knowing the dangers and wrinkle-inducing power it harbours, I love sunbathing and with Cyprus' enviable Blue-Flag coastline it would be frankly rude not to. But as any sun-worshiper is keenly aware of, the secret to a long lasting, deep tan is correctly prepped, smooth skin, and thorough exfoliation is a must. The Satin Shimmer (€40) treatment with salt crystals was a tanners dream come true and the perfect start point to the Sea Holistic Relaxation and Radiance treatment (€80 for 55 minutes) which is, quite honestly, the best spa treatment I have ever enjoyed. Beth combined not only deep tissue massage, but boluses filled with sea salts and lavender to further exfoliate, moisturise and fully relax my entire body. I swear I had an out of body experience as my mind literally floated away to a womb like existence. This is not hyperbole!

The Age Expertise facial (€40) followed which totally rejuvenated and plumped up my skin. After it felt as soft as a baby’s to touch and all the fine lines around my eyes were softened and far less noticeable – an effect which lasted, unbelievably, for days.

With fluffy, soft, white towels and robes, the finest Phytomer spa products and skilful therapists like Beth, you cannot fail to feel reborn after a visit to the gorgeous Aeneas Spa in Ayia Napa. Infact, just looking at the picture above is sending me off into a dream world…a must-visit subterranean spa and the perfect post party escape.

5-star Aeneas Hotel & Spa
Tel: 23 723 005

Article by Niki Proctor, August 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment