Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hair Genius at Blow, Nicosia


Tried & Tested: Salon review – Blow 

Angelos Pattas works his magic at Blow
I’d heard it a million times before. “When you find THE ONE you will just know. You’ll click and there will be a connection like no other!” I’d never believed it until I heard the magic words I’d been waiting to hear for so long.

“I am SO over layers!”

And so my new love affair began. “We’ve been doing them for 20 years now. It’s boring. It’s time for something new!”

Meet Angelos Pattas. Hair genius extraordinaire residing in Nicosia and single-handedly taking over as the reigning champion of modern, sexy, cutting edge hair chopping and ‘the one’ for the highest profile fashion shows and fashionista clients from Nicosia. With a hip sound-track as background to his theatre he has surrounded himself with a like-minded, passionate team - all of whom are self-confessed hair lovers.

Pattas is not short of ideas. Whether it’s the interior design of his new salon just off the main shopping street in Nicosia (he outgrew his last salon due to his popularity as he now has 17 staff members) to shunning the easy option layer, he is highly creative and has a great eye for detail.

So, if I didn’t get layers what did I get? Well, after a colour, wash and an exquisite head and neck massage it was cutting time; blunt at the bottom but with a single layer at the face, which is totally disassociated with the bottom of the hair. Sounds weird in theory but it’s revolutionized my hair. For the first time ever I have hair that I can do something with and the colour is a perfect match to my complexion. He says ‘we’ are going to grow the very last layer out. See…he said ‘we’. He obviously sees a future for us too. I’ve found THE ONE.

Top Hair Tip?
Kerastase Soleil Huile Celeste and Alterna shine sprays help to protect hair in the summer. Elixir by Kerastase delivers silky, smooth hair and the latest bamboo range by Alterna leaves perfect hydration and flexibility to the hair.

Top Celeb Hair?
Madonna seems to be rocking some of the most exquisite hair styles around lately. Chic, golden waves framing the face in the most modern way!

Blow, 28-34 Kypranoros Str, 1061 Nicosia Cyprus, Tel: +357 22 679 888

Article by Niki Proctor for VIP Cyprus Magazine, August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment